Born in Lucca on 5 February 1958
University studies: Degree in Law from the University of Bologna
Enrolled in the Register of Bologna Lawyers
Main Professional Experience
He was Professor of Commercial Law, Associate Professor in 1992 and Extraordinary Professor in 1998, at the Faculty of Business Administration, University of Modena
- from 2005 to 2011 Director of Fiere Internazionali di Bologna S.p.A.
- from 2006 to 2010 Director of Unicredit Banca S.p.A.
- from 2006 to 2013 Director of Unipol Gruppo S.p.A.
- from 2008 to 2012 Director of ATC S.p.A. (Chairman from February to June 2012)
- from 2009 to 2018 Chairman of the Board of Statutory Auditors of Luxottica Group S.p.A.
- from 2010 to 2012 Chairman of Alma Mater S.r.l.
- from 2010 to 2012 Chairman of Fondazione Alma Mater
Positions Currently Held
Professor at the Faculty of Law at the University of Bologna
- since 2013 Director of Unipol Banca S.p.A.
- since 2013 Director of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.