Born in Naples, on 20 January 1964
University studies: Engineering Degree from the Polytechnic University of Torino
Main Professional Experience
- until 1999 he was an entrepreneur with lmpresa Recchi Costruzioni Generali, a group operating in 25 countries in the major public infrastructure sector, spending much of his professional life in the US.
- in 1999 he joined General Electric (GE): over the years he held a number of positions in the US and Europe, including GE Capital Structure Finance Manager and Head of M&A in EMEA
- until may 2011 he was Chairman and CEO of GE South Europe; he was a member of the Blackstone European Advisory Board, the Invest Industrial Advisory Board (private equity) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology E.I. Advisory Board
- from 2004 to 2006 Corporate Finance Professor at the University of Turin
- from 2007 to 2010 Director of GE Capital Servizi Finanziari S.p.A.
- from 2008 to july 2014 Director of GE Capital Interbanca S.p.A. (Vice Chairman from 2009 to 2012)
- from 2009 to 2015 Director of EXOR S.p.A.
- from 2011 to 2014 Chairman of ENI S.p.A.
- from 2014 to 2018 Chairman of Telecom Italia S.p.A.
- from 2016 to 2018 Chairman of Telecom Italia Ventures S.r.l.
- from 2016 to 2018 Director of ESAOTE S.p.A.
- from 2016 to 2018 Director of Istituto Europeo di Oncologia S.r.l.
Positions Currently Held
Member of the Confindustria Executive Board, where he founded the committee for the attraction for foreign investment in Italy
Co-Chair of the B20 Task Force on Improving Transparency and Anti-Corruption
Member of the Executive Board of Assonime
Member of the Board of Directors of the Italian Institute of Technology
- since 2016 Member of the Advisory Board of Confindustria
- since 2014 Director of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.