Solutions and products for the future
Considering the current trends and new emerging risks, UnipolSai is pursuing two directions:
- the application of telematics and Big Data analysis: the Company is well positioned with 3 million “black box” devices installed in Italy, also thanks to the launch of new electronic products;
- the integration of processes and services supporting core business: UnipolSai stands out for its internal assistance, maintenance and direct repair services, which enable us to accompany customers by fixing – and not only compensating – any damages incurred.
In this context, our subsidiaries play a leading role:
- Finitalia for payment in monthly instalments without any additional charges;
- Auto Presto&Bene and AP&B Car Service, with a network of over 2,700 mechanics across the country that offer MV policyholders certified repairs without having to advance money;
- MyGlass, which provides crystal repair and replacement services at 182 different centres;
- A network of artisans spread across the country that offer direct repairs throughout Italy.
Another key aspect of the UnipolSai offer is our commitment to serve a changing society by providing coverage for new environmental and social needs.
In particular, UnipolSai’s leadership position in Non-Life business and Pension Funds is an important response to the increasing Welfare and security needs of the community in which the Company operates.
The purchase of insurance services in monthly instalments with no additional charges is extended to all products, including Life products and products for SMEs.
This service is also important for maintaining and consolidating customer relationships, as shown by the best loyalty rate (87.8%) recorded for those who use the same.
In the area of Life protection products, the UnipolSai LTC and TCM policies have a significant social value.
In Life business, UnipolSai plays a major role with supplementary pensions schemes dedicated to both employees and freelancers, managing the savings of 405,565 Negotiated Pension Fund policyholders and 45,133 Open Pension Fund policyholders.
The certification of Life products guarantees reliability. Certification involves the verification, by Bureau Veritas, of UnipolSai’s compliance with product regulations, based on the values of transparency, fairness and product value.
OUR NATIONAL DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
The UnipolSai agency network, the most extensive Italian network and sales force, is our main strategic asset and a key factor for achieving the growth and development objectives outlined in the 2019-2021 Strategic Plan MISSION EVOLVE.
We have 2,918 agencies active in Italy, with over 4,600 operative agents. The organisational model of the network focuses on the specialisation of the sales force by customer segment.
UnipolSai also has operations in the bancassurance channel through Arca Vita and Arca Assicurazioni (which distribute Life and Non-Life policies through the corporate groups of Banca Popolare dell’Emilia Romagna, in which the Unipol Group holds a 19.998% stake, of Banca Popolare di Sondrio and of other banks) and through other joint ventures created with leading Italian banking operators.