Results presented of the UnipolSai observatory on the driving habits of italians obtained from the analysis of black boxes installed n cars
- Italians spend an average of 1 hour and 27 minutes a day driving, at an average speed of 30.7km/h.
- Compared to 2013:
- Cars are used more but to cover shorter distances
- Annual decrease in distance covered of approximately 250km
- 5 extra minutes a day are spent in cars
- Average speed decreased by 2.8km/h People living in small to medium provinces travel up to 5,000km extra per year compared to those living in the provinces of large metropolitan areas.
- People living in Southern Italy spend more time in the car than those living in Northern Italy.
- The cliché of reckless young drivers is discredited: the most reckless drivers are those using company cars. Young people travel “only” 1.7km/h faster than the national average although they travel twice as many kilometres at night.
Please read the pdf document.