The Audit Function has the duty to assess and monitor the effectiveness, efficiency and adequacy of the internal control system and of the other components of corporate governance, considering the nature of the activities carried out and the level of risk involved, besides any potential adjustment needed, also through support and consulting activities provided to the other corporate functions.
The Audit Function verifies both continuously and in relation to specific needs, in accordance with international standards, the implementation and suitability of the internal control and risk management system through an audit plan, approved by the Board of Directors, based on a structured process of analysis and prioritisation of the main risks.
In order to fulfil its duties, the Audit Function organises its activities as follows:
- assessments on the processes (i.e. insurance, operational, financial and information technology);
- assessments arising from regulatory obligations;
- assessments of the sales networks and the claims management centers;
- inspections on internal frauds;
- other activities, such as those provided for by laws and regulations, projects, administrative and reporting activities.